The Business Development Manager develops and maintains favorable relationships with new and existing clients in order to increase revenue. This position ensures that organizational services consistently meet client needs; creates reports on sales activities and sales quotations for potential new and current existing customers.
Business Development Manager – Dallas, Texas or Indianapolis, IN
- Dallas, TX
- Full Time
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of the sales relationship with each client/prospect.
- Drive new business through the identification, development, negotiation, and closure of new agreements with prospects and clients as well as participate in the subsequent maintenance of client relationships and managing client expectations.
- Establish high-level client relationships by way of technical and business skills/competencies and situational fluency.
- Understands client processes and applications and communicates client technology product requirements.
- Coordinate global client activities.
- Target potential leads, qualify them, and help the team in crafting and positioning the deal.
- Leverage industry, financial, and business knowledge to create demand and persuade through the development and presentation of compelling purchasing rationales.
- Assist with new account development and client launch.
- Establish a collaborative environment that leads to the identification of technology opportunities, discovery of client issues, and development of new technology materials.
- Responsible for the smooth transition of new business from sales to delivery. Accountability and ownership for development and implementation of selling additional services.
- Identify prospects and create entry strategies for each. Build and maintain a shared understanding of sales strategy, priorities, and next steps.
- Interface with client personnel and third-party intermediaries as necessary to understand requirements and communicate related pursuit plans and activities.
- Coordinate multi-functional teams to partner with clients on specific joint projects. Promote solutions ahead of issues. Work with Account Management to develop client trend analysis.
- Present client sales forecast to appropriate internal functional areas for resource planning.
- Recommend changes in operations documentation and procedures to facilitate improved operation of the delivery of engagement objectives.
- Prepare presentations and participate in service quality assessments and quarterly business review meetings.
Qualifications and Job Specifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Marketing, or other related field required.
- MBA preferred, but not required.
- At least 5 years professional experience in account management in the pharma industry.
- Intermediate to Advance in Microsoft Office skills: Outlook, Excel (including Statistics and Pivot Table functions), PowerPoint, Internet.
- Strong Business Acumen (summarize Annual/Quarterly reports, Supply & Demand, Pricing, ROI)
- Demonstrate Business Etiquette, Command Presence, Professional Appearance, and Ethics
- Ability to conduct Web-based research, understand financial documents, contract language, and analysis
- Intermediate public speaking and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- Experience with Salesforce is preferred.
Additional Employment Requirements:
- Must be able to successfully pass all preliminary employment requirements (i.e., background check and drug screen).
- Demonstrate the following: effective relationship building, strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail and organization, critical thinking, ability to learn quickly, and interest to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Work is light to medium in nature with frequent walking to perform assigned tasks.
- Must be able to safely conduct occasional lifting of 25 lbs.
- Activities occur within a typical office environment.
- LifeScience Logistics is an equal opportunity employer that takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.